Website Monitoring - InternetSupervision.com

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Two down, seven to go

I've enjoyed having the puppies here. They have been fun for me and the kids. Perry has enjoyed them too. To watch them go from closed eyes and crawling the playing, wrestling little balls of fur has been a great deal of fun....

but....and a big ol' butt.....

I'm so done. I'm so ready for them to be scooted off to their next foster location. While I'm so glad the kids have had this experience (and me too), I'm pooped. Cleaning, mopping, feeding, wiping, caring for 8 puppies and 1 momma along with our two dogs has certainly been a chore but then add in a dash of worms....

Then you have 8 puppies and 1 momma with diarrhea, bad diarrhea. After these puppies are gone I will be cleaning like a fiend cause it's so stinky, smelly and just plain gross. I thought the smell of canned food was bad enough, boy, was I wrong.

We've been cleaning and washing, wiping and mopping for 4 or 5 days straight. They are finally doing a little better but still not 100%. Since the pups are moving on to new foster homes (separate foster homes) soon, momma has to wean them which means she is being kept separate most of the time....which means the puppies are crying for their momma.

I think this has been, all and all, a great experience for all of us but I'm ready for this experience to be done!

No pics this time....the topic was deamed inappropriate for photos by yours truly...however, if you feel the need for photographic evidence, I do have some poopie puppy pads in my driveway waiting to be cleaned off. Just let me know if you wanna see..... :)

Oh, and the title, well, two puppies left yesterday for new foster homes. The hope is to place them in new foster homes two by two. So far, all but two are expected to be placed by Wednesday of this week. I am hoping and praying the other two do as well so we can attend my brother's return home ceremony from Afghanistan without worrying about the smallest pooches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment